Friday, August 9, 2013

Tying up the Twinkie trap

I was puzzling over this latest mystery with the Twinkie snacks the other day, trying to figure out what the sinister angle could possibly be this time, when suddenly it hit me.
Twinkies are made of sponge cake and creme filling.
Sponge cake.
Sponge. Cake.
Sponge.
Cake.
Sweet Pee Wee Herman on The View! The fiends (whoever they were) planned to use the Twinkies as actual sponges and absorb up all the real cake! This would deprive the world of cake, thus making us reliant on... Twinkies!
A world without this? Nooooooo!

I didn't have time to consult Jeff or Michael. I had to act rashly quickly. I drove down to the old abandoned Twinkie plant, former lair of The Hostess. I made my way inside where I was confronted.
"Oh! You must be my ten o'clock! I kind of thought you'd come in through a door. No matter. I'm Jan. Let's take a look around, shall we?"

Just as I had suspected. A new evil villain we had never encountered before: Goldjacket.
"Right", she said. "Now, as you can see, this is a large factory space. We're in the office area but you can see the factory floor area down below. You have a loading dock right over there. The plumbing was all recently re-done. It's ideal for the mass production of snack foods of course, but could be tailored for really anything. You know, what's really trendy is to take a space like this, put up some walls and make residential units. Like condos! What fun!"
I had heard enough.
"It was just a suggestiiiiiiiooooooooooonnnnnnn"
I figured the case was solved but when I got back to the Unbelieva-base, Jeff and Michael were not happy.Apparently, they thought my actions were "inappropriate" and that my logic was "flawed", "less than thoroughly considered" and "impossibly stupid". Long story short, I'm sort of suspended, relegated to menial office tasks for the immediate future. 
That's okay. I kind of think I need a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment