Saturday, October 4, 2014

Count Me In!

Many apologies for the lateness of this report, but I was doing some last-minute packing. What? Yes, I'm definitely going, even if the others aren't. Here are my reasons.


  1. I love parades, with their noisy vuvuzelas, endless drill teams and majorettes and token naked people.
  2. I love free stuff. Who doesn't?
  3. I love hotels. Especially the minibar with its great pricing structure. What's that ya say? $20 for a can of Pepsi? Don't mind if I do!
  4. I love banquets, especially ones in my honour, as long as there are plenty of whipped potatoes to go round. It doesn't even have to be Tuesday, for Pete's sake!
  5. I love to travel. I love sitting next to complete strangers on cramped airplanes making small talk about clouds and eating from miniature furnaces made from plastic. I love not knowing where to put that infuriating clingfilm, drinking from small cups and watching a movie I would gladly pay to avoid coming into contact with.
  6. I love BBQ. Seriously, who doesn't love charred meat products slathered in brown sauce accompanied by masses of side dishes of indeterminate origin?
So what if we've never met these people before? So what if we know absolutely nothing about them? A quick Google search should sort that out...

Holy cow! Look at this place!




 Sign me up! What could possibly go wrong!?


(Note: this entry was a scheduled post, written before Jeff took off in a hurry to the airport. We are still waiting to hear from him. - Michael and Clark)

No comments:

Post a Comment